Friday, June 12, 2009

My First Blogg

I Am Really Excited!
I am creating this online diary about what I learning and putting it to action and then teach salon owners on the things that work for me. I believe you need to live what you preach. This is my very first baby step blog. Watch this baby walk! Then Run and then sprint. Directing fast traffic to hair and beauty salons web pages without spending a bomb on programmes.

I am so excited about learning new things all the time, in fact I can't stand still. You could call me a change junkie. If the world around me isn't changing, I get bored and become inefficient. In the beauty industry it has been really exciting, because over the last 20 years (yes I have been in it for that long, now a veteran) the industry has changed so much and so much to learn. If you are a salon owner and you don't move quickly with new services you could be dead. While your opposition takes control of the market. So with the marketing especially online.

Salon owners really need to embrace new technology and learn, or hire someone who can help (like a surly teenager) them to get online With so many salons I help, I am constantly surprised how many salon owners don't want or can't embrace the Internet. I believe it can be just a small mind set change. I spoke to a salon owner today and she "refuses" to use the computer, because it so much easier to use the appointment book. Her mindset was stopping her to grow and embrace technology. "Computers crash" she said to me. Yes they do crash, but in all the years I have used computers in my salons I have only experienced it to crash only twice, and that was through electrical storms. Luckily I do back up. I am sure appointment books get damaged as well.

I will soon be launching an online membership programme to supercharge salons. Because content will be delivered via emails this will keep the price down. I will give you updates as soon as they arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment