Friday, June 12, 2009

People don't buy what they need. They buy what they want!

This morning I was reading the daily telegraph and the headline and article caught my attention. So I though I would share it with you.

"Vanity makes for a fun mum"

New survey has found 22% of NSW mothers would choose access to beautician over a financial adviser or nutritionist. Mums are also more likely to sacrifice a night out with their husbands or partner to buy things their child needs, with 74% of mums surveyed using cosmetics at the least two years old. "If your feeling good about yourself that really translates to how happy you are as a parent as well" "You have to take the time out to spend time on yourself in order to be happy with the other things in your life, including parenting" - daily telegraph

I think that's why they call a beauty therapist a therapist, it's not just about getting the beauty services done, and looking younger but its about the therapy as well. Marketing is now officially about wants, not needs. Especially in these time of recession (if that's what you call it)

I was in a call yesterday, Maree from Beauty works on ormond, and she was telling me "we are up by $1500 this month already, it's a recession, it's winter, it's cold and it's only the first 10 days in the month. I can't believe it. My staff love it, they sell it because it's fun and easy. Thank you Louanne.

I believe salon owners need to learn not just about branding or just about marketing - they need to know about Emotional marketing - especially in times of hardship. You need to learn how to tap into peoples emotions.

Yours Beautifully

Louanne

PS If you want to learn how to emotionally tap into your clients wants. visit www.highteasalon.com or email me on whatabeauty@mail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment